FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Cross price elasticity in TIMES?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message / View First Unread Post
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Pernille.S View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Pernille.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cross price elasticity in TIMES?
    Posted: 20 Apr 2011 at 4:11am

According to the the TIMES manual the cross price elasticity is set to zero. I have however read that it is possible to include cross price elasticity in the MARKAL-micro model.

Is it developed a similar TIMES-micro model variant? I think this would be useful, especially when modelling the transportation sector.

Thanks!

Pernille

denise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote denise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 3:14am

I donot know if markal-licro has been implemented in TIMES. Using cross price elasticities implies a non linear version of the model. Maybe Antti can abswer your question

denise
Antti-L View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Antti-L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2011 at 7:56am
To my knowledge, as yet nobody has implemented cross price elasticities into TIMES. As Denise mentioned, the MARKAL-MICRO variant requires the model to be solved as an NLP, which reduces the usability of the feature in large models. Anybody can, of course, implement such a feature into TIMES: the TIMES model generator is open source code and extensible.

Open source code evolves through community cooperation. The TIMES model generator is developed jointly by the members of the ETSAP community. If you would like to have a TIMES-MICRO variant, I strongly encourage you to implement it into TIMES, and then distribute it for the benefit of all ETSAP members.
 Post Reply Post Reply