Archived News (To be updated)
All archived news are found here.
- Senior Researcher/Researcher in Energy System Analysis at Energy System Analysis Group, DTU Management Engineering, Technical University of Denmark. More information available here.
- Request for Services for techno-economic/socio-economic studies or modelling/simulation on European energy systems and hydrocarbon extraction by JRC. More information are available here and the call for tenders is available here.
- ETSAP members can now access the ETSAP-TIAM and ANSWER-TIMES Starter model.
- ETSAP in collaboration with the Gas Innovation Research Centre in the University of São Paulo is organising a workshop on Energy Systems Modeling on 30th Jan 2017 and a training session for TIMES on 31st Jan - 2nd Feb 2017. The Workshop agenda is available here.
- ETSAP is co-organising a workshop on Energy Systems Modeling together with the Resilience Engineering Research Centre of the University of Tokyo on 14th Dec, 2016. The workshop agenda is available here.
- The Integrated Assessment Modeling Consortium (IAMC) will hold its 9th Annual Meeting from December 5-7, 2016, in Beijing, China.
- Since September 2011, ETSAP E-TechDS is working in cooperation with the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) to develop and update briefs on renewable energy technologies.
- A discussion forum has been set up to facilitate multilateral discussions on various ETSAP issues. ETSAP members are encouraged to register and participate.
- The Joint Research Center/Institute of Energy and Transport has just published the ETRI 2014 Report, which provides up-to-date cost and performance characteristics of the present and future European energy technology portfolio until 2050.
- Open Position at the Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI): Postdoctoral Fellow with focus on Electricity Market Modelling. Candidates interested are requested to submit their application by 31 May 2016.
- VITO is looking for Junior R&D PROFESSIONAL on ENERGY AND CLIMATE STRATEGY.
More information are available here
- Submission of abstracts for the IAMC eighth annual meeting in Nov this year.
(Deadline of submission is end of July)
More information are available here
- The ADVANCE project, funded by the European Commission, has developed harmonized documentation of Integrated Assessment Models opened a public review process. Please see here for more details.
- VITO is looking for an R&A Profesional in Energy and Climate Srategy.
More information is available here
- 3 post-doctoral positions available (2 senior post-docs, 1 post-doc) in the Energy Modelling and Policy Group. Closing date Nov 27.
- Postdoctoral Position in urban energy systems modelling Postdoctoral Position in biogas modelling in the Department of Energy and Environment, Chalmers University.
More information are available here.
- Post-doctoral researcher at University College Cork to build a TRANSPORT_Ireland model and analyse mitigation options.
- Job Opportunity - Research Associate in Energy Systems Modelling at UCL Energy Institute.
More information are available here.
- The Grantham Institute at Imperial College London (2nd best university in the world according to QS) is recruiting a modeller.
More information are available here.
- The international workshop on "Addressing flexibility in energy system models" was held on December 4 and 5 2014 at the premises of the European Commission's Joint Research Centre – Institute for Energy and Transport in Petten, The Netherlands. Around 40 energy modelling experts and researchers from universities, research centres, the power industry, international organisations, and the European Commission (DGs ENER and JRC) met to present and discuss their views on the modelling of flexibility issues, the linkage of energy system models and sector-detailed energy models, the integration of high shares of variable renewable energy sources, and the representation of flexibility needs in power system models. The discussions took into account modelling and data-related methodological aspects, with their limitations and uncertainties, as well as possible alternatives to be implemented within energy system models. The report of the workshop, including conclusions and recommendations resulting from the discussions and the contributions from all the participants, is now available as a JRC Scientific and Policy Report.
- wholeSEM particularly welcomes PhD contributions to the conference by having a dedicated poster session to showcase PhD student research into building or linking energy models. This is a great opportunity for PhD students to present their research to leading experts in industry and academia. Successful applicants will receive a free place to attend the whole conference and will be eligible for travel and accommodation bursaries.
Further information about the conference and calls for abstracts can be found on our website and in the attached pdf.
Abstract submission deadline: Friday 10th April 2015.
- Vacancy notice on a job opportunity as "Scientific / Technical Project Officer – Modeller of Energy Technologies" at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre. Feel free to forward this information to persons with a corresponding profile who might be interested to work at the IET in Petten/Netherlands.
Candidates interested in the published position should introduce an application form through the JRC recruitment web site.
- Postdoctoral Associate on Energy System Modeling and Policy Analysis in the Institute of Transportation Studies, University of California, Davis.
More information are available here.
- Vacancy notice for a Trainee position on "Modelling the interaction between the EU energy policy goals and the deployment of low carbon energy technologies" at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre in Petten/Netherlands.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit their application through the ESRA-tool (Deadline: 21/12/2014 23:59 Brussels time). More info: here.
- Vacant position of the Group Leader in the Energy Economics Group at PSI.
More information about this position is available at here.
- Scottish government has invited proposals to develop a national energy system model. See details
- The ADVANCE project has issued an open call for participation in a community study on model diagnostics (see here).
The ADVANCE Diagnostics study aims to characterize and compare the behavior of energy-economy and integrated assessment models based on a set of diagnostic scenarios and indicators. You will find a more complete description of the ADVANCE activity, including its scope and protocol, at here.
Also note that all teams participating in the ADVANCE study must submit their first diagnostic scenarios by 11 March 2015.
- Call for Abstracts for the International BE4 Workshop: Including Behaviour in Energy/Engineering/Economy/Environment models
The aim of the workshop is to bring together energy system researchers with expertise and interest in representing behaviour in whole-system energy/economy/engineering/environment (E4) models. The Workshop is co-funded by ETSAP and WholeSEM.
More details can be found here.
- Vacancy notice for a Trainee position on “Modelling the interaction between the EU energy policy goals and the deployment of low carbon energy technologies”, at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre in Petten/Netherlands (code: 2014-PTT-F-000-3253 - PETTEN, more information is available: here).
Interested persons are encouraged to submit their application through the ESRA-tool (Deadline: 24/06/2014 23:59 Brussels time): here
- The Energy Economics Group at the Paul Scherrer Institute (Switzerland) has a vacancy for Postdoctoral Fellow in Energy and Transport Modelling. The position would suit an experienced MARKAL/TIMES modeller with an interest in links between the energy and transport sectors. For more information, please visit: here
- The whole systems energy modelling consortium (wholeSEM), led by University College London, is launching an innovative bi-directional Fellowship Programme to enable modelling experts to work in the UK with the wholeSEM consortium. The application process is detailed at here.
The first Call for Fellows submission date is 30th May 2014.
- DTU announces three positions in the Energy Systems Analysis Group. More details are available through the following links:
- Two vacancy notices on job opportunities at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre in Ispra/ Italy. Electromobility/ Transport Modelling Expert (reference number 2013-IPR-F-30-000-1766)
- Modelling Expert for Modelling Hydrogen in the energy system/ power market (reference number 2013-IPR-F-30-000-1767)
- (Candidates interested in the published position should introduce an application form through the JRC recruitment web site) here.
- Vacancy notice from the Grantham Institute for Climate Change at Imperial College London on global mitigation modelling. More information is available here.
- Vacancy notice on a Trainee position on "Modelling the interaction between the EU energy policy goals and the deployment of low carbon energy technologies" at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre in Petten/Netherlands.
Interested persons are encouraged to submit their application through the ESRA-tool: here
- Research Associate in Energy-Economic Modelling (x2)
University College London (UCL) is seeking to appoint two Research Associates (RAs) in Energy-Economic Modelling to undertake dedicated research in energy-economic modelling as a key member of the UK's leading energy systems and modelling research team. As a core member of the energy systems research team in the UCL Energy Institute, this post presents an opportunity to contribute to the Institute's strategic direction in this arena, and to develop and apply world-leading energy-economic models. The closing date for applications is 2nd July 2013.
- Vacancy notice on a grantholder job opportunity for an E-mobility/ Transport/Energy Modeller at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre. Feel free to forward this information to persons with a corresponding profile who might be interested to work at the IET in Petten/Netherlands.
- The European Commission has launched a selection procedure to set up a database of over 3000 successful candidates with a research background at post-doc level. They will be placed on a reserve list and called for interview according to the needs of the services. More info: here.
- Vacancy notice for a Trainee position on “Modelling the interaction between the EU energy policy goals and the deployment of low carbon energy technologies", at the Institute for Energy and Transport (IET) of the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre in Petten/Netherlands.
- The Paul Scherrer Institute in Switzerland offers the following positions:
- In Lisbon, Portugal from 12-14 December 2012 after the next ETSAP workshop. Registration is now closed.
- In Curitiba (Parana – Brazil) from 22 to 25 October. The course will take place if at least 5 participants will be registered and confirmed the registration by the end of August.
- The EU Institute for Energy and Transport of the Joint Research Centre, located in Petten (NL) is looking for a Specialist in Energy Markets and Energy Security, preferably with expertise on energy system analysis. Reference: 2012-PTT-F-30-000-00503. Deadline for application: 30 September 2012 (12.00 pm).
- The University of Edinburgh is seeking to appoint a Lecturer in Science, Technology and Innovation Studies with special research and teaching interest in environmental sustainability, energy technologies and eco-innovation. The deadline for applications is 24th April 2012.
- In Cape Town (South Africa), hosted by the Energy Research Centre of the University of Cape Town, before the next IEA-ETSAP semi-annual meetings, both VEDA-TIMES and ANSWER-TIMES training courses will be held (in parallel) on Wednesday to Friday, June 13-15. Detailed training agenda and location can be found here.
- The first draft factsheets of the IEA-ETSAP Energy Technology Data Source are now posted at www.iea-etsap.org/E-techDS.
- University College London (UCL) Energy Institute has an opening for one Research Associate in Energy Systems. Closing date: 19 Feb 2012, 5pm (GMT). Interview date: 2nd March 2012 details.
- Tetra Tech wishes to engage a Subcontractor to develop a regional energy systems model that builds on existing single-country energy systems models that USAID’s E&E Bureau has already supported. The regional model will cover the EC Contracting Parties, including interactions with neighboring energy systems. details.
- Next intermediate / advanced level training course on TIMES-VEDA will be hosted by IFE in Oslo (Norway) on January 23-25, 2012 (Monday to Wednesday).
- Proceedings of the Athens Workshop (Nov 7-12, 2011) are available now.
- Next base level training course on TIMES-VEDA will be held in Athens (Greece), on November 10-12, back to back to the regular IEA-ETSAP workshop. The training workshop is implemented with the cooperation of the EU-GCC Clean Energy Network.
- AEA Group looking to recruit a senior energy systems modeller in their London office. details.
- Job opening with the MESSAGE Integrated Assessment Modeling Team at the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA). details.
- ECN looking for a TIAM modeler details.
- The Energy Research Centre (ERC) at the University of Cape Town has an opening for a Senior Research Officer in the Energy Systems Analysis and Planning programme at the Energy Research Centre. The closing date for applications for the position is 8 August details.
- MINES-ParisTech (Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris) is recruiting for its Centre for Applied Mathematics a "Long-term Planning and Optimization” Research Associate. Detailed description available here.
- A PhD student or Post-doc position in Sustainable urban energy futures - energy systems modelling with MARKAL-TIMES is available at Chalmers University (Goteborg, Sweden).
- The Flemish institute for technological research (VITO) offers a job opportunity for a senior researcher, who, among others, will make use of technical-economic energy models and provide input for the further development of these models.
- The Institute for Energy (IE) of the European Commission's Joint Research Centre, located in Petten/Netherlands, has an open Grantholder position on Modeling the interaction between the EU energy policy goals and the deployment of low carbon energy technologies. Deadline: 29 April 2011.
- University College London (UCL) Energy Institute is seeking to make one or more appointments in the field of energy modelling. This research position will be responsible for: Undertaking rigorous, quantitative, interdisciplinary research into energy systems as required by the work programmes of a range of research projects including the SUPERGEN consortium on sustainable hydrogen energy (UK SHEC), and the UK Energy Research Centre (UKERC).
- The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), located in Bonn, is looking for eight project managers and officers. Deadline for applications: November 17, 2010.
- The World Energy Council, a non-profit organization based in London (UK) seeks a Director in charge of the Energy and Climate Policies activity area. This is a permanent senior level staff position reporting to the Secretary General. More information.
- The Electric Power Research Institute, Inc. (EPRI, www.epri.com) is seeking one or more Economists ¨C Global Climate who will be responsible for conducting and supporting economic and technology analyses of energy and environmental policy options, particularly on the U.S. energy sector. Most time will be spent developing and running large scale and computable general equilibrium models. More information.
- Proceedings of the Cork Workshop are available now. More information.
- The Energy Studies Institute at the National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Fellow in Energy and Economic Policy. Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Economics or expect to complete their Ph.D. by August 2010.More information.
- Final reports of Annexes II to VI have been posted in the Official Documents section. We would be grateful to the colleague who sends us a copy of the Annex I final report.
- An outline of the global 15-region TIMES Integrated Assessment Model (ETSAP-TIAM) is now available.
- The Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM, Venice, Italy) encourages to submit applications for a research position in the field of modelling economy, energy and climate (the announcement).
- KTH has recently opened a position for a Professor in Energy Systems Analysis.
The field of research covers energy systems analysis, methodological development and modelling of energy systems in global and regional perspectives with the aim to develop decision support systems for decision makers.
- ETSAP mourns the sudden and untimely demise of Dr. Leo Schrattenholzer. The next meeting will be dedicated to his memory.
- The final report of Annex X "Global Energy Systems and Common Analyses" is now available [Full Report (6Mb); Highlights and Summary (1Mb)].
- Latest issue of the News Letter (June 2008) is now available. It summarizes the accomplishments of Annex X - Global Energy Systems and common analysis.
- ETSAP is now officially involved in the activities of the 'Consortium of Integrated Assessment Modeling Communities' founded by IIASA (Austria), EMF (Stanford) and NIES (Japan).
- University College of Cork has secured funding for a project entitled "Energy Modelling - Irish TIMES". This two-year project involves building a TIMES energy system model for Ireland and requires two senior post-doctorate researchers.
Deadline: February 27, 2009 More info.
- Spring 2009 [Draft Program]: Venice (Italy), June 16, jointly with IEW that will be held on June 17-19. The Executive Committee meeting will be held Tuesday afternoon, June 16.
- The Energy Economics Group of PSI (Switzerland) is seeking to recruit an Energy economy modeler and analyst.
- Autumn 2008: Sophia Antipolis (Nice, France), December 15-17. The Executive Committee meeting will be held Tuesday, December 16.
- December 17-19, Sophia Antipolis, Nice (draft program, open to all).
- A post-doc position on 'Long term energy demand and greenhouse gas emissions scenarios and integration in air quality and climate modeling' is open at the Faculdade de Ciencias e Tecnologia - Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Caparica). Deadline: September 15, 2008 More Information.
- RES2020, a project funded by Intelligent Energy - Europe, invites you to a workshop in Prague on Nov 10, 2008 More Information.
- Next ETSAP workshop and Executive Committee meeting (Draft Program) will be held in Paris, at the IEA headquarters, on July 3-4, 2008, back to back with the IEW. For getting the badge necessary to attend the meetings, please register.
- On January 1, 2008, Annex XI has started. It will promote Joint Studies for New and Mitigated Energy Systems. The first to sign have been Norway and the Netherlands that resume full participation. Other interested parties are invited to join by sending to the IEA the letter with the intention to participate.
- The proceedings of Brasilia workshop are now available.
- Latest issue of the News Letter (June 2007) is now available. It describes some advanced features of TIMES (climate module, multi-stage stochastics and the myopic version), VEDA front-end interface for TIMES and some early applications of the TIMES model.
- The proceedings of Stanford workshop are now available.
- Next ETSAP workshop will be held jointly with IEW 2007 at the Stanford University (California), June 25-29 2007 (Draft Program). The Executive Committee will be held on June 28.
- The upcoming semi-annual workshop (Stuttgart, Nov 28 - Dec 01) will focus on the global 15-region TIMES Integrated Assessment Model and its use. It will also offer a 2-day training course (free of charge) on the use of the TIMES model generator, with the VEDA interface (see Agenda).
- Licensed MARKAL/TIMES users are entitled to purchase IEA energy balances and statistics at a 50% discount.
- ETSAP is thankful to the past desk officer, Mr. Fridtjof Unander, who returns to Norway after having strongly promoted ETSAP tools at the IEA secretariat for seven years and used them for preparing the global scenarios of the Energy Technology Perspective 2006, recently issued by the IEA, and welcomes the new desk officer, Mr. Peter Taylor, former deputy chair of ETSAP Executive Committee.
- Proceedings of the ETSAP workshop held in Cape Town (South Africa) in the period June 27 - July 1, 2006, jointly with the 25th International Energy Workshop, organized by IIASA, EMF (Stanford), the IEA and the Energy Research Centre of the University of Cape Town are now available.
- After the approval of the G8 Gleneagles Communique, the IEA has undertaken a Plan of Work that aims at identifying strategies towards cleaner, clever and competitive energy systems. This undertaking includes the 5+ countries (China, India, Brazil, Mexico and South Africa) that have signed the G8 Gleneagles Communique and other developing countries. ETSAP has proposed several activities and has carried out a special half a day workshop with experts from Brazil, China, India and South Africa as a part of the Cape Town workshop (see proceedings).
- The ETSAP and wider modeling community pay tribute to Professor Alan Manne, Operations Research trailblazer, "father" of MARKAL-MACRO and highly respected global Climate Change modeler, and Olev Liik a leading promoter of energy system planning using the ETSAP Tools in the Baltics. They will be missed but not forgotten.
- TIMES version 2 has been released. This has several important enhancements including multi-stage stochastic formulation. See the documentation section for details.
- The access to ETSAP tools has been simplified (see Tools). The MARKAL-TIMES model generators are provided free of charge.
- The Fall-2005 workshop will be held in Oxford, UK, from Nov. 15-18. (Links: Invitation and Logistics, Venue Map, Final Program, Program Nov. 15)
- Annex X (2005-7) "Global Energy Systems and Common Analyses - Climate friendly, Secure and Productive Energy Systems" entered into force at the beginning of March.
- The final report of Annex VIII is available in the "Official Documents" section of this website.
- Draft documentation of TIMES is available in the Documentation section. Corrections, comments and proposals for improvements are welcome
- Additional illustrative reports on the use of ETSAP tools have been posted in the documentation section.
- MARKAL documentation is available now. Follow the link "Documentation" on the main menu.
- The Project Head presented a paper titled Mathematical Tools for Economic Programming Energy Models at the IEA - Ad Hoc Group on Science and Energy Technologies meeting in Berlin, Nov 8-9, 2004.
- The Executive Committee held in Paris Friday June 25, 2004, appointed Mr. Hertsel Labib (NRCan) new chair of ETSAP. The delegates expressed words of thanks to Mr. Phillip Tseng, who chaired the committee for more than four years, wishing him success in his new position at the US Energy Information Administration.
- The Energy Technology Collaboration Division Head, Dr. Antonio Pflueger, communicated that "the IEA Committee on Energy Research and Technology (CERT) has agreed to extend the term of ETSAP for a period of five years, i.e. until 30 June 2009".
- The end-of-term Report of the 7th Annex of ETSAP (1999-2004) is now available on-line. (Revised April 20, 2004)
- The text of the Implementing Agreement has been revised.
- Run tests of large scale multi-regional TIMES model instances have been completed by ETSAP research Uwe Remne from IER (Germany). The tests establish the feasibility of running large TIMES instances on personal computers.
- 31.05.2002: Annex VII Summary Report: Contributing to the Kyoto Protocol
- 31.05.2002: Paper ECN-RX--02-015: Endogenous technological change in climate-energy-economic models: an inventory of key uncertainties
- 17.05.2002: Summary and Proceedings, 6th ETSAP-VII Meeting, October 2001, Paris, France
- 17.05.2002: Grandfathering CO2 Emission Allowances
- 14.05.2002: MARKAL and TIMES described in OR2001 proceedings
- 14.05.2002: ETSAP site visited more and more!, April 2002
- 18.01.2002: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 7, January 2002
- 18.01.2002: Dolf Gielen's Energy and Materials Policy Design (EMP) site
- 18.12.2001: Programme 7th ETSAP-VII Meeting, 27-31 May 2002, Canberra, Austriala
- 07.12.2001: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 6, October 2001
- 06.12.2001: New publication MARKAL family of models
- 06.12.2001: Koen Smekens succeeds Tom Kram as Project Head for remainder of Annex VII
- 06.12.2001: Update representative for Germany
- 04.11.2001: ETSAP site visited more and more!, November 2001
- 12.09.2001: New ExCo representative for Japan
- 11.09.2001: Summary and Proceedings, 5th ETSAP-VII Meeting, 15-17 May 2001, Venice, Italy
- 22.08.2001: Programme 6th ETSAP-VII Meeting, 8-12 October 2001, Paris, France
- 04.07.2001: ETSAP site visited more and more!
- 18.06.2001: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 5, April 2001
- 22.05.2001: Abstract Phd thesis Leonardo Barreto
Technological Learning in Energy Optimisation Models and Deployment of Emerging Technologies
- 01.05.2001: Greece joins ETSAP as Partner
- 20.04.2001: Energy Planning and the Development of Carbon Strategies
Using the MARKAL family of models
- 19.04.2001: The MATTER Project Final Report
Integrated energy and materials systems engineering for GHG emission mitigation
- 22.02.2001: Programme 5th ETSAP-VII Meeting, 14 - 17 May 2001, Venice, Italy
- 17.01.2001: Summary and Proceedings, 4th ETSAP-VII Meeting, 16-19 October 2000
- 10.01.2001: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 4, December 2000
- 30.11.00: Biomass for Greenhouse Gas Emission Reduction": Task 8: Optimal emission reduction strategies for Western Europe
- 29.09.00: The Role of Kyoto Mechanisms in Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions
(ECN paper presented at Seminar Brussels, August 2000)
- 11.09.00: Programme and registration Joint ETSAP/ABB CETP meeting and ETSAP Workshop, 16-19 October, Dattwill, Switzerland
- 07.09.00: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 3, September 2000
- 21.07.00: Meeting UNFCCC targets via materials policies
(ECN paper presented at EMF modellings workshop, Stanford, June 2000)
- 20.07.00: Summary and proceedings IEA-ETSAP Seminar and Workshop Paris, 17-19 May 2000
- 18.07.00: IPCC Special Report Emissions Scenarios 14.08.00
- 02.06.00: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 2, May 2000
- 10.05.00: Programme ETSAP Paris Meeting 15-19 May 2000
- 27.04.00: New Publication IEA: Experience Curves for Energy Technology Policy
- 15.03.00: Biomass energy technology characterisation
(from Dutch ETSAP Partner)
- 23.02.00: Next ETSAP Meeting: Paris, 17-19 May 2000 23.03.00
- 14.02.00: The New TIMES: a Model for the Millenium
- 08.02.00: Newsletter Vol. 7, No. 1, January 2000
- 20.01.00: Proceedings ETSAP Workshop Bergen, November 1999 04.02.00
- 12.01.00: MESAP for Energy Planning and Environmental Management 19.01.00
(from German ETSAP partner, IER)
- 27.12.99: MATTER 4.2 Technology Database now available
(from Dutch ETSAP partner, ECN)
- 14.12.99: New publications ECN's MATTER MARKAL application
(from Dutch ETSAP partner, ECN)
- 07.12.99: USDOE/BNL/PSI report on Technological Learning in Energy Models
(from US and Swiss ETSAP partners)
- 06.12.99: Update of Outreach information for Taiwan
(from local counterpart Industrial Technology and Research Institute)
- 26.11.99: Annex VI summary report available
- 28.10.99: Update of Outreach information for Kuwait
- 21.10.99: Agenda and presentations 2nd ETSAP Annex VII Workshop 3-5 November 1999 02.11.99
- 13.10.99: PSI report on Technological Learning in Energy Models
(from Swiss ETSAP partner)
- 10.09.99: PSI papers from Antalya workshop now available as PDF file
(from Swiss ETSAP partner)
- 08.09.99: ETSAP Feedback Form available
- 03.09.99: Pre-print Modelling technological progress in a MARKAL model for Western Europe including clusters of technologies
(from Dutch ETSAP Partner).
- 01.09.99: On-line registration for 2nd ETSAP Annex VII Meeting, 1-5 November 1999
- 31.08.99: Proceedings 1st Workshop Annex VII, 30 April - 4 May 1999, now available
- 27.08.99: MARKAL MATTER 2.0 module
Report on characterisation for the agriculture and food sector now available (from Dutch ETSAP Partner)
- 28.07.99: Proceedings 6th Workshop Annex VI, October 1998 now available
- 18.06.99: ETSAP Newsletter No. 7, June 1999 now available
- 23.04.99: Ph.D. Thesis: Materialising dematerialisation (from Dolf Gielen)
- 07.04.99: Presentations ETSAP-VII meeting, 29 April - 4 May 1999, Washington, DC
- 11.03.99: Finland becomes ETSAP partner, see partners for updated list
- 10.03.99: Registration for 1-st ETSAP-VII meeting, 29 April - 4 May 1999, Washington, DC
- 18.02.99: Endogenous Technological Learning: Experiments with MARKAL (from Dutch ETSAP partner)
- 15.02.99: News flash: MARKAL family of models presented in India (from Gary Goldstein)
- 28.01.99: MARKAL MATTER 2.0 Technology data available (from Dutch ETSAP partner)
- 19.01.99: Abstracts: The long term potential of fusion power in Western Europe - MARKAL scenarios until 2100 25.03.99 (from Dutch ETSAP partner)
- 23.12.98: ETSAP Newsletter No. 6, October 1998 (PDF format, 261 kB)
- 22.12.98: Web site BRED project launched (from Dutch ETSAP partner)
- 01.12.98: Frequently Asked Questions MARKAL 08.01.99
- 26.11.98: New website GEMG GERAD (from Canadian ETSAP partner)
- 25.11.98: Post-Kyoto. Recent ECN studies (from Dutch ETSAP partner)
- 11.11.98: Update MATTER documentation available (from Dutch ETSAP partner) 01.12.98
- 14.10.98: Implementing the Kyoto Protocol: Cooperation and Technology Scenarios for North America (from Canadian ETSAP partner)
- 14.10.98: IPCC Special Report on Emission Scenarios - Open Process
- 18.09.98: 6th ETSAP-VI Meeting, Antalya, Turkey, 26-29 October 1998
- 16.09.98: ETSAP Newsletter No.5, July 1998 (HTML format)
- 19.05.98 : MARKAL MATTER EUROPE Results now available on WWW 04.01.99
- 20.04.98 : Examples of Outreach programme now available on WWW
- 17.03.98 : Programme next ETSAP Meeting/Joint Workshop with FEES, Berlin, 1-8 May 1998
- 23.02.98 : Summary report Annex V "New directions in Energy Modeling" available on WWW
- 15.01.98 : Briefing Note on Kyoto, by Tom Kram, Project Head ETSAP 07.01.99 (new link to Newsletter No. 5 article)
- 28.11.97 : ETSAP Kyoto Statement